There is nothing quite like snuggling up under a blanket with a bowl of warm soup, and this is no different with this hearty broth. Using the tuber of the Jerusalem artichoke sunflower, this recipe incorporates fresh herbs and rich flavours to create that homemade feel.
This earthy aroma is enriched even more by the last addition of truffle oil, resulting in a filling and warm meal.
SOUP OF ROASTED JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE WITH TRUFFLE OIL CREAM
- 800gm Jerusalem artichoke
- 1 Spanish onion sliced
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Celery stalks
- Handful of chopped flat parsley
- Chopped thyme
- Vegetable stock
- 1 Cup of cream
- Drizzle black truffle oil to garnish
- Peel the artichokes and cut up the onion garlic and celery. Roast for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Place vegetables into a pot. Pour vegetable stock and herbs over vegetables. Boil contents for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, and reduce heat to simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Puree until smooth and garnish with a drizzle of truffle oil and more herbs.